Friday, August 3, 2007

August 3, 2007

This is my very first blog! I'm so excited! My inspiration came from my cousin Renee who has a beautiful blog about her family. I thought, why not? So here we are.

This month our youngest starts 10th grade, and the older two start college in a town 4 hours away. Can anyone explain how something can cause you to feel such pride and at the same time break your heart? My children are becoming wonderful adults, that was the plan right? We prayed for it and worked towards that goal...responsible productive Christian adults. So why do I sit and cry and wish I could hold them one more time? And does this hurt ever end?

Sorry to be so depressing...I didn't mean to be.

When I was a little girl I only wanted to be a wife and mother when I grew up. I shared that with my daughter one night and she said "well you've done that." And so I have. So now what's next? I know my role as wife and mother never ends, don't get me wrong. I hope to always be present and involved in my children's lives. But there is an emptyness or lonliness that I'm not sure how to handle.

So I'll praise Jesus for the beautiful life He has blessed me with and for His faithfulness.

No comments: