Saturday, December 8, 2007

December 8, 2007

Still no pictures...
My youngest son passed his driving test today! Keith had taken him to the barricks to practice parallel parking a couple times this week. They decided to use C's truck (minus the tail-gate) since it was small. C was very nervous, the jittery nervousness that makes you stop and think "how do I spell my name?" Then, in filling out the forms he had to answer if he wanted to be an organ donor...big question for 16 yo. He looked at me and asked "what does that mean?" I answered, "If you were to die, after you go to heaven, would you want a sick person to recieve one of your kidneys?" He didn't hesitate to check the yes box. His giving and compassionate heart is just one reason I love him so. The nest becomes more empty...

LM called me yesterday and shared a conversation she had with a new friend who has pulled away from her faith. It was such a blessing to hear the witness to Jesus and our Father she shared with her friend. Truths like God is a loving and jealous God who doesn't want us to be hurt, but does give us free will. And sometimes the choices we make with our free will cause us pain, or someone else's choice will cause us pain. But God wants the best for us, never does he just let us be hurt. Pray for her friends and for her safety. She is sure to come under attack for reaching out like this. I have to remind myself "Greater is He who is in (Lacie), than he who is in the world". Of course later that night she called home and the jerk she works with, and for whom she has some unreasonable attraction to, treated her like dirt...cursing her, then sweet talking her to do him a favor. Greater is He who is in Lacie...Greater is He who is in Lacie... Pray for her strength, faith, and guidance.

LC called me Thursday to share the news of great grades in classes he thought he would do poorly in. He has really turned over a new leaf this year, no pun intended! His grades reflect his dedication to his degree, the future he is planning, and the young lady he loves, Britt. People ask me how I feel about her and I quickly tell them that she loves my son more than the air she breathes; what more can a mother hope for in her son's life? He will be working the Toys-for-Tot's campaign with his unit next weekend here in town. I love to see him in his dress blues! I finally framed his picture from basic training the other day. It just so happens I found a frame the right size (11x14) up-stairs in a closet. As I was cleaning the glass and about to place the picture in, I noticed the picture I was replacing was one made of LC when he was barely old enough to sit alone. He is holding a baseball and wearing a little baseball hat...of course I cried...

I praise God for the blessings in my life...my husband, LC, LM, and CB...my friends the Selman's and Stallings, and my sister, brother, parents, grandparents, cousins, neices and nephews. I praise Him for the safety and security of my home, for meeting and exceeding all of our basic needs and then heaping on other blessings!

1 comment:

Noel said...

I love your post! I will be praying for LM and I am soo happy for LC classes that is wonderful. Congrats LC on the engagement!!! I will be watching for C on the roads:0) He must be a very proud young man.

love you lots,
noel