Saturday, May 31, 2008

Levi & Britt"s First Home!!

Here is Levi and Britt's first home! Isn't it beautiful? They have already started fixing the lawn, pruning hedges (they have a ways to go with that task), and cleaning the inside. It has a pecan tree, an apple tree, and Aunt Carol came by yesterday and told them that there is also a pear tree in the back yard. They also have magnolias, crepe myrtles, hydrangeas, and a 6 ft tall rose bush! I am not kidding, it is 6ft tall! Levi says the nandinas will have to go! It has a homey feel to it already.

The kitchen will be decorated with a Tuscan theme. Brittany fell in love with Tuscany while she was in Italy this past month. The guest room will be masculine with an outdoors theme. I believe Levi's trophy buck has been assigned to this room. The living room will be rustic, leather furniture and such. The main bathroom will be sunny and have a "beachy" feel to it with light blues and yellows. Like Jeff Foxworthy said, "I've never seen a toilet on the beach, but give a woman a sea shell and it's going in the bathroom!" The master bedroom is a beautiful shade of green, a bit darker than sage. The furniture is black and the colors will be jewel tones.

We are waiting on the USMC to help set the wedding date! Levi should get his orders for his summer training @ June's drill weekend. He will hopefully be going to Ala for training, 6 weeks worth, beginning sometime in August. They want an October wedding.

I love listening to their stories! Levi has the patience of his Grandfather and Great-Grandfather Burrell, (okay, and ME!). While they were at the house yesterday he asked Britt to start packing the former owner's stuff. He said, "Why don't you put some of that stuff in those boxes?" Brittany was like, "Darlin', I can't pack his stuff! That would be rude!!" They were so happy to have been able to cut their own grass and clean their own bathrooms ; ). I am trying to remember when I felt that way. I'll write a post about it when I do...don't hold your breath! Just kidding, I count my blessings everyday for the home GOD has blessed us with.

Well I gotta go...love all of you!!

4 comments:

Britt said...

OMG jenny you are sooo sweet! I have FINALLY got to look and catch up on all your blogs that i missed while being away....you are truely a wonderful mother and friend. I admire you in many ways, and I pray that I will be able to show the love and respect that you have ALWAYS shown to me and soo many others on a daily basis. I love u soo much, and thank you for offering advice and your knowledge. And most importantly, THANK YOU FOR BEING A SEXY FASHIONABLE MOTHER-IN-LAW WHO REFUSES TO WEAR BEIGE!!! HAHA

I love u soo much! You are not just my other mama, but you are a dear friend in my life. :)

Debbie B said...

Their home looks precious! I love all the trees and scrubs in that photo.

Your future-daughter-in-law's comment made me laugh! So, is she saying if we wear beige, we aren't sexy? hehehe

Love,
Debbie

Deborah said...

Thanks for sharing about the new home!! Wow!! It is just adorable. I just love it. What a blessing. It looks like a Thomas Kincade house, doesn't it? The flowers and shrubs, light, shutters, setting...

I'm so happy for both of them. What an awesome beginning.

I love you!

Love,
Deb

Leah-Joy said...

That is SO COOL!! Little Man loved being there at the house with ya'll on Saturday! I want to see the inside of it sometime! I would love to come and work sometime too!

It looks like a house where you would see Aunt Bee and Opie in the backyard with an apple pie sitting in the window sill!